How to Answer “Tell me about yourself” Asked in various interviews ▼
The majority of the aspirant feels that they can easily crack the Written Government Examination but cracking a Government Oral Interview can quiet be challenging as compared to the written exam. This is a big mis concept most of the aspirant take it wrong. The interview is simple than a written examination. If one can crack the written examination he can also easily crack the interview. All you need is to prepare yourself one-week before the interview. There are some basic common questions that are questioned in every interview. One of those is “tell me about yourself” or “give us your introduction”. More than 90 percent of candidates face this question. A quality professional interview applicant always prepares before he goes for an interview. He works on her resume and cover letter well in advance and spends quality of time on research.
This is not the time when you have to delight the employers with your colorful stories of childhood. You should be able to analyze what really your employer expects you to answer. “Tell me about yourself” means, give an overview of your background, including past and present achievement which will cater the interest of the employer. It should sound professional. These types of questions are generally asked in the beginning of the interview. Do not take more than 1 minute to think and speak. In this one-minute, summaries all your career related points into different specifications. If you are an entry-level candidate, just focus on your strengths and achievements. The answer should be more forward looking and future plans. Don’t forget to talk about the occupation experience if you have any.
The Wrong Response
There are numerous ways to respond to this problem properly and just one incorrect way: by questioning back to the employer or the HR- What do you want to know?
This represents to the employer that you are not well prepared for the interview. However, this shows that you are likely to be equally unqualified for the job. You must require building up a high-quality professional respond to this question. Practicing or preparing in advance will build up your poise and confidence.
The Right Response
Most of the employer says that the candidate’s needs to focus on the two simple consensuses. They are-
- The focal point should be on what most interests the interviewer, and
- Emphasize only the important accomplishments in your life
Rather than trepidation this difficulty, a well-prepared applicant should hail this inquiry. Appropriately answered, this question will lead the applicant in the good books of the interview. This is the best opportunity to sell you. It will allow you to position the attitude and direction for the rest of the question. Eventually, your objective with how you answer this question is to acquire the employer not to grade you as a potential candidate, rather see as a future employee. An interview is actually just an extensive sales field.
How To Answer “What Are Your Strengths & Weaknesses?” Asked in various Interviews ▼
All of us have some kind of weaknesses and we incline to attempt to work on eliminating them by simply altering ourselves in order improve ourselves for better results. But transformation can quiet be tricky. Instead of trying to abolish our weakness, we should embrace them from the roots completely.
The interviewer is most likely not interested to know your weaknesses, rather he is just testing your aptitude to deal with an unexpected situation. Such questions are quite distinctive for those of you who will be representing yourself while applying for a job. Since, it is all about research and pre-preparation. There are plenty of standard questions which candidates face during their interview. However, there are no likely standard answers to most of these questions. There are some basic common questions that the questioned by the employer in the interview. One of the basic questions is- “What Are Your Strengths & Weaknesses?” More than 90 percent of candidates face this question. A quality professional interview applicant always prepares before he goes for an interview. He works on her resume and cover letter well in advance and spends quality of time on research. One ordinary move towards repackage your strength as a weakness is to work hard. The idea behind of using a flaw side of the candidate as a reverse of strength is a good one. You need to make a genuine indulgence here, since one of that won’t hurt.
The finest approach
- Initial make a decision on how you want to place yourself. Ideally, you should also comprehend what the interviewer is looking for.
- Then serenely and genuinely confess all your weakness and idea to overcome them.
- Answer the entire question sincerely. It’s always great to answer any interview question sincerely.
- Don’t mention any annoying big weakness that could price you a job. Your goal is not to lie to employer. We all have many weaknesses that don’t mean we can share all of them. Choosing between the levels of the weakness is very important.
- Don’t dodge any question. Don’t attempt to avoid answering. Also be cautious about giving a corny weakness and then quickly state how you’ll deal with them in future. That looks too scripted and the interviewer has probably heard it one million times before.
- Keep your answer realistic and concise. Classically, all the strain questions can tend you to ramble while speaking. This happen because you’re nervous to answer the questions. Employers will automatically realize your nervousness. The best way to avoid such situations is to be well prepared in advance and to know how you are going to answer the question before the interview.
In the end it is important to deliver a weakness that can be easily eliminated. This can be the most challenging question put by the employer to check your honesty and confidence. Use your strengths like motivated, reliable and punctuality to deliver the standard and excellent work.
How to Answer “Why do you want to work with our organisation & why should we hire you?” asked in Various Interviews. ▼
“Why do you want to work with our organization & why should we hire you?” is one of the most ordinary interview question that can get you losing to the erroneous roadway except you’ve prepared yourself before the interview. This question is merely about promoting yourself physically and mentally in the interview. Consider yourself as a product and analyze the situation that Why should the customer (employer) buy?
Answering interview questions can be tricky for some especially when it comes to answering about why you should be considered as a perfect candidate for a desired job. All you need is to do some evaluation, research and pre- preparation before your interview. It is always helpful to be prepared well in advance for any coming challenge. You need to make a genuine indulgence here, since one of that won’t hurt. There are plenty of standard questions which candidates face during their interview. However, there are no likely standard answers to most of these questions.
Your answer supposed to be applicable to the precise job role to meet the requirements of the company. While answering complicated interview questions like this one, don’t try to say that you are the desirable or capable applicant for this job. This is because as you are not familiar with the other applicant’s skills and experience competing for the same job offer. Your focal point should be on your suitability. An excellent reason to employ you is that you are a tough employee. Every company needs a hard working employee and whatever job you are interviewing for, hard work is essential to succeeding in it. Following are the key aspects you should always keep in mind before answering such questions-
- Be simple, straightforward and confident about your abilities
- Emphasize on the key reasons why you are the perfect applicant for this job post
- Be passionate about why you want this job
- Corroborate your aptitude to work hard
- Embrace your business research in your answer
- Find something specific about the company to hook into
What Makes You Unique?
Implementation of training around this question will allow you to focus on your exclusive qualities. No two people are alike, like a snowflake. Spend some time out to imagine about what sets you apart from others. Let the interviewer know that you have been listening to the problem and have what it takes to do the job — which you are the solution to the problem. It’s also very important to come across as convinced and passionate person when you deliver your pitch. Make them to believe in you and in your abilities and commitment. This is the truth. Most of the candidates are comparatively alike – also you are, at least in the eye of the company management or the employer. Therefore, a quality and unique answer is almost certainly crucial for your achievement.
How to answer “Being an Engineer/ MBA, Why do you want to join Banking Sector?”Asked in Banking Interviews ▼
of the people consider that being a MBA degree, is not suitable for banking sector jobs. But this is the time that we need to bring a change in this concept. It was recently reported that Engineers and MBA candidates are more suitable in the banking sector jobs as they have more practical knowledge of the market other than the commerce candidates. At the time of interview many applicants face problem in answering the interview question – Why being an Engineer/ MBA, they want to join Banking Sector. You should answer such questions carefully as they play critical role in the decision making process of the job selection.
If the interview applicant is not confident enough been joining the banking sector, he or she will never be able to face this challenging questions. Rather than faking the answer it is very important to realize your inner interest in the exceptional career field of your choice. In the last decade the trend of engineers pursuing an MBA degree has gained a lot of momentum. This is highly due to sudden realization among the engineer that they’ve qualified business skills to bring big chance in the corporate sector.
Why do you want to join a bank?
Banking sector is considered as one of the most growing sector of Indian economy. They have been many advances in this field. It is also regarded as a one of the fastest developing sectors as banks are expanding their reach across the border. Moreover, Banking is a one of the most respected occupation in India. Every banking personnel get a social status and special respect as a Banker. There are many benefits associated with joining this industry. It is very difficult to list them.
What NOT to say in an Interview –
- There is lot of money and other benefits like incentives, insurance and pension in the government jobs
- My parents want me to join a banking job or my parents also in pursing in the same flied.
- I want to prove to all my family members and friend circle that I can crack any exams
- I want to take some experience in a government job and then will move to private one
- There are very less no jobs in private sector and hence it is very competitive
- My friends were preparing for bank job, hence I also prepared for the same.
Essentially, do not tell the interviewers there you are an uninformed applicant or you are doing it just for pleasure or you are being enforced to do it. We hope that this has brought some clarity in your brain in provisions of your occupation planning. And please do not forget that it is not written anywhere that all engineers with an MBA will not be suitable for a employment in the banking sector. If you think that you are exceptional, by all means, go for it. If not, pause and think.
How to Answer “Can you work under pressure & what makes you angry?” ▼
Complete Guide To Answer: “Can you work under pressure & what makes you angry?”
An interview is a bag of varied questions and queries. Some queries may simply be related to the previous work experience of the candidate, while others might be associated with how the candidate carries his or her day to work, and however others might be related to whether the candidate is be able to manage and deal with the stress and pressure of a routine working day.
In an interview when the interviewer asks an easy question like “Can you work under pressure?” to make the applicant nervous, simply remember that the employer is looking forward to uncover the hidden skills in multi range of fields of the candidate. The main emphasis of the interviewer is to discover the specific abilities of the applicant towards problem solving, decision making, management skills, and his/her ability to work under pressure. It is the duty of the employer to carefully analyze the applicant’s effectiveness and adeptness in a fast changing environment of the organization, before hiring him or her.
Answering interview questions can be tricky for some especially when it comes to answering about why one should be considered as a perfect candidate for a desired job or what makes them angry. The applicant needs to do some evaluation, research and pre- preparation before the interview. It is always helpful for the interviewee to be prepared well in advance for any coming challenge. The candidate needs to make a genuine indulgence here, since one of that won’t hurt. There are plenty of standard questions which candidates face during their interview. However, there are no likely standard answers to most of these questions.
Planning to overcome stress
Working under an extreme pressure can be challenging for some and it requires skillful planning. A prospective worker should be able to carefully examine and allot enough time to complete a particular work related task. Taking additional time, other than deadline can lead to unforeseen problems. The practice of planning can be achieved by a specialized training. A trained person in a desired field always knows how to plan the strategy to achieve the goals to accomplish any given task.
Thinking or strategic thinking is applied by an individual in order to achieve success. When strategic thinking is applied to an organizational management process, generation and application of exclusive business impending and opportunities proposed to create competitive advantage for the organization. However, thinking out of the box always works.
Stress at Work
The candidate should not mention any situation where he/she had previously put himself/herself in a needlessly demanding situation. For example, one should not tell a story about a time when he/she was stressed because of postponing a project. The entrant should center on a time where he/she were given a tough assignment or multiple projects, and rose to the occasion. The entrant also should not dwell too much on how stressed out he/she felt. While the applicant should certainly declare that stress may occur, emphasize on how to deal with such types of stress, rather than how they bothered.
How to reply
When an interviewer asks a question to the applicant that if he/she is able to work under pressure, then the candidate should mention that he/she is able to deal with high work load under tolerance, cope with work pressure and can handle easily various stressful situations and challenges. When this question is asked the applicant can give several good examples. There must be some success stories from his/her past to tell the interviewer. The entrant should continue by mentioning about the way he/she prioritizes the daily errands, how he/she organizes daily projects and how he/she can solve difficulties and serious situations in general.
If the entrant practices and follows all these points in their daily lives, it will be easy for him/her to handle stress and pressure at the point of organizing their life cycle. To conclude, the candidate should keep his/her answers straight forward and inform the interviewer well in advance about their abilities to work under the pressure and meet the deadlines because of the vigorous lifestyle that they pursue.
How to Answer “What is the difference between hard work & smart work? ▼
Complete Guide To Answer: “What is the difference between hard work & smart work?
Before going for an interview every person face some level of difficulty. The level of difficulty varies upon the experience of the person. What is the difference between smart work and hard work is one of the common questions interview candidate faces. One should know the key difference between both the terms. As both the keywords look similar to each other but in reality they both differ from each other. It is the duty of the employer to carefully analyze the applicant’s effectiveness and adeptness in a fast changing environment of the organization, before hiring him or her It is important to understand the difference between the both concepts. This is one of the trickiest questions. This guide will help you to understand the difference between both. It is important to do work as working helps in way to our success. The question most frequently asked in an interview is what type of work you prefer: hard work or smart work.
Key qualities of Smart Work
Smart work is the need of the hour. It helps in saving lots of time and labor, and assists you to be more organized in your work. By smart work you can reach your goals faster and easily. It allows proper time management and making time for all things which you might not be able to do with hard work like exercising, spending time with your family etc. Smart work brings a lot of credit from the society and allows you to attain success more rapidly in the industry you are working.
Key qualities of Hard Work
Hard work usually takes more time only to make things correct. It is a time consuming and draining experience. When you have done lots of work you are left with very less amount of energy to do other work. You do not require using your brain fully for hard work and you have to put in more physical efforts than necessary. In terms of willpower and diligence hard work is really necessary but you may be able to achieve a lot of work. Just working hard might not bring the best results of the problem; therefore, hard work is not enough in some situations. hard working person always wants to be victorious, just like smart employee but he be deficient in some short of skills like in decisive thinking, resolution making, difficulty solving. Because of lack of this ability, he is not capable to get what he needs on time.
To summarize in the end, it is not necessary that you know everything. Just face all the interview questions confidently. This is the best way to make the interviewer convince. If the entrant practices and follows all these points in their daily lives, it will be easy for him/her to handle stress and pressure at the point of organizing their life cycle. To conclude, the candidate should keep his/her answers straight forward and inform the interviewer well in advance about their abilities to work under the pressure and meet the deadlines because of the vigorous lifestyle that they pursue.
How to answer “what is the difference between confidence and over confidence? ▼
Complete Guide To Answer: “what is the difference between confidence and over confidence?
The most frequently asked question in an interview is that what is the difference between confidence and over-confidence. The interviewer may also reframe the question and say that you look over confident. You can easily answer these questions with just a little help.
Confidence means to be able to know yourself and your capabilities and to be able to express yourself without any nervousness or anxiety. You should be able to realise your potentials and know your faults.
Over -confidence when you start believing that you are the only one who is right and all others are wrong. You start believing that everyone should listen and follow only you. Let me further explain it to you with the help of an example.
Suppose you sit for a written examination. After the exam when someone asks you how did your exam went, it shows your confidence when you that it went well. But you look over confident when you say I will be on top of the class and you did better than rest of the class.
A person is confident when he believes that his/her facts are right. However, it is over -confidence to think that only your facts are right and every other person does not know anything.
Confidence means right estimation of your talent and capabilities whereas over -confidence is under estimating the qualities of other individuals.
Meaning of confidence
When a person believes in his/her capabilities and has faith in someone or something it is confidence. Confidence helps a person in doing work more easily. If you are confident about yourself you are able to do work more efficiently. The person is able to fully utilize his/her strengths and thus, helping in making work easy.
Meaning of over -confidence
Over -confidence is bad for people. People with over -confidence are not able to judge their qualities and faults. They may not even be able to complete the work. Over -confidence also affects your personality. People may start getting irritated and bored by you.
Difference between confidence and over -confidence
A confident person thinks before talking whereas an over-confident person does not think or listen to others before talking or doing work. Confidence means patient, positive, quiet and humble. Whereas in over -confidence you become loud, arrogant, impatient, negative and underestimate other individuals.
If you are aware of the outcome of your work,whether you will be able to do the work or not, the extent up to which you can finish the work, you are confident and may be able to successfully complete your work. However, if you are over-confident you will not able to identify your capabilities and boasts about your work. You will underestimate the project and may not be able to complete it.
So, basically the difference between confidence and over -confidence is that when you are confident you have are able to expect the worst scenario whereas when you are over confident you ignore even the slightest possibility of worst case.
Confidence comes with knowledge and awareness of qualities and traits of oneself and over -confidence is disastrous. Over -confidence results from pride.
Therefore, it is necessary to keep in mind that you do any work with confidence but not with over -confidence.
How to Answer “Where do you see yourself in five years”? ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Where do you see yourself in five years”?
There are a certain number of questions which are repeatedly asked in an interview. One of them is Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
Though a simple question to answer but still around 90% of the interview candidates are scared of this question. First of all, you have to understand that the interviewer is not judging your psychic ability. He just wants to have an idea about your plans for career and how the particular job will fit into your ambitious career plan.
Today, in this world of cut throat competition, employers try to find out any point to use as a way for not hiring you. So before answering or preparing for this particular question, you have to understand why the employer is asking you this question.
REASON FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION:
There are mainly 5 specific points the employer wants an answer for and this question helps him a lot. Those points are:
- Is the candidate having correct attitude towards the particular job?
- Is he going to be dependable or can the employer rely on him?
- Can he be able to adjust himself according to the work environment and culture of that organization?
- Is he having the full knowledge of position he is being interviewed for?
- How a particular candidate is going to use his qualities and strength for the growth of company?
Normally, in big market giants it has been seen that almost all the candidates have equal qualification. Now the whole selection for the job depends on the answers of these questions. During earlier questions, you may have already said that you are perfect candidate for the job. But this question is supposed to test you further.
To answer this question in a perfect manner, there are some particular strategies that can be applied. A few points should be kept in mind before answering this question. The answer you are preparing should be general; a long term career goal should be highlighted and a proper enthusiasm towards the position and career should be shown.
SOME OF THE MAJOR STRATEGIES WHICH CAN BE USED IN FORMING THE ANSWER OF THIS TRICKY QUESTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- It is completely fine if you can not exactly determine your career after five years. Focus on your strengths and think where these strengths and your qualifications are going to take you.
- In preparing this answer, don’t be specific or too career oriented. Think about how this job will be different from the other one.
- The last is what you personally feel while working for this particular company and under the particular employer. Be honest with your feelings.
So in the end, think deeply about your professional and personal goals before answering this question and try to prepare one that will highlight your strengths, qualities potential and attitude.
How to Answer “Have you considered starting your own business?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Have you considered starting your own business?”
Preparing yourself for an interview is very challenging. It is always important to prepare yourself well in advance for your interview. Preparing yourself in advance will help you to represent your answer confidently in front of the interviewer.
“Have you considered starting your own business? “This can be tricky for some. There are few tips and tricks that will help you to choose between the correct and wrong answer. This question can trap you. If you reply as “yes” in your answer and express vigorously, you could be discerned as you could lose a chance in a big enterprise, too be a good team player in an entrepreneurial league… or somebody who have to resolve for the organization life because it is very difficult to start your own business.
Also, too much expressive in your answer “yes” could create paranoia of a small enterprise, expressing that you might plan to start your own business, perhaps you’re taking some business secrets with you. Whereas on the other hand if you say that “no”, it will depict that you’re under confident about your abilities to start your own business.
Include them in your answer-
1) Incorporate the level of culture of the business organization before answering the question
2) Be honest and straight forward in your answer, but remember that your answer should sound professional rather than like a typically fantasy fresher.
Typically, a business culture is a large, formal and a professional style structure that anyone will love to start their own business. The better answer would be to say- “I can give it a thought in future if I come up with a new product for the market, for now working in a large company is my goal”. In other case, where the business is small corporate are look freewheeling in a close look where everyone is dealing in variety of processes, them your emphasis should be on the resource planning.
As business owner doesn’t get a fixed salary rather just gets a percentage of profits that is to uncertain in nature. Instead of this you have to pay a large some of amount to your employees, pay taxes, buy insurance policies, and pay for rent, expense and other office utility. As a fresher you have to be a good employee before a good business man. You can be a good employ by improving your skills and taking up some risk. Every company is looking for a candidate who can take up high risk. Taking the career panning seriously is highly vital. The best answer could be – “I am a passionate and dedicated worker. I believer in focusing on improving my performance and advancing career growth in the same company”
Always keep in mind to match the expectation what you want with what the designation offers. The more information you’ve studied about the post, the more realistic you can build your answer from inside. On other hand the second most important thing to remember is that the HR manager who ask the question are far more interested in the way you present your answer rather than how are you answer your questions.
How to Answer “Looking back in your past life, what do you think you could change?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Looking back in your past life, what do you think you could change?”
When a HR manager asks you “what do think you can change in your life from your past experiences”, the truth is that he actually wants you to confess the mistakes, disappointments and problems you faced in your past. You should not fall into this trap. Keep in mind that life does not give any second chances. You cannot undo the mistakes that you had done. So forget your regrets, learn and benefit from your previous regrets in life. Mistakes are just life changing experiences and teach us a good lesson in life. This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Most of the candidates find it hard to answer. There are lots of opportunities for everyone to rise and shine in the career. All you need is to wait for the right time and grab them.
Tips to answer
- Do not confess any major or even minor mistakes of your life. Do not keep a negative attitude in the interview. You can always find things that could have been done better but, it is no time accepts it. Be positive about not only your past but also your future.
- Learn from your past mistakes. A past is like a teacher. Your mistakes teach you a lesson not to repeat them again in your life. Your previous wrong doings do not matter in the present but avoid doing them again in future.
- Achievements and failures are part of everybody’s life. Acknowledge your mistakes and that they molded you into being a better person. And you are confident in yourself and would not like to change anything from your past.
- Signify that you’re pleased, positive and satisfied human being.
- Make sure you keep your answer to the point, act professionally. Do not state any of your personal problem as it conveys lack of professionalism of the candidate to the Interviewer.
Examples for your answer
- My life has always been joyful, full of learning experiences and I have great expectations from the future.
- I believe in action according the present situations because we live in present not in past. All valuable knowledge in life is a message in its own way. We wouldn’t change them.
- I believe in living in the present. I learn from my past mistakes, which helps me to make a change in my present life.
- Not only learning from my mistake, I always keep my sense open to adapt the world. This practice helps me learn more from all kind of people. However, my knowledge can be used to the various process of your company.
Interviews are complex and just a thought about it makes people nervous. As we all know at some point of our lives we have to face the difficult interview questions, it is good to start preparing for it from the very beginning of our career planning stage. This will not only help you to survive the interview but can also help you in recognizing your internal self-confidence.
“Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?”
How can you change the conception of the HR of the company, that hiring from within the company is very effective? An old employee knows all the processes of the company. Thus, promoting an already working employee can help in the cost of hiring and training of a new employee from outside the company. Not only this there are many other factors that the HR manager considers while hiring from outside.
In an interview, when the manager asks you this question -“Why should our company hire you when we can promote someone within the company? “, this guide helps you deal with it.
Every interview preparation guide will tell you to prepare yourself in advance or be honest and look confident. These guides have very the basic tips which can be applied to the entire interview question. But answering this very question takes quiet a lot of internal motivation.
Below are the some examples you can use as your reply-
- I am sure you’re looking for a combination of both. That’s why I’m here today getting interviewed.
- I am a self motivated candidate and work for performance with optimum use of companies input and outputs.
- You could have promoted anyone within the organization for this position. Being a outsider I can see various aspects from outside and contribute to the company. I have worked in the same field before using different strategies. I can confident to complete the same work more efficiently and with innovations and a newer aspect.
- It is a good option to hire from within but everybody should have equal opportunity to prove themselves. I have learned new strategies and experiences from my previous work and can implement them for the betterment of the project.
- When an employee is already present in the same environment for a long time, they get adapted to it. Such people hardly ever think of changing the rules that are already present. So if you hire an individual from a different environment then he/she will help you create better and efficient surroundings, because they have a different thought process based on different environment.
Reasons why the company wants to hire you-
- The internal candidates do not take interviews seriously as they have been working with the company for many years and have reached a level of comfort of their own.
- External applicants bring a new sense of taste of latest product and services. They are considered as very viable and feasible for conducting research project.
- External applicants tend to dress appropriately and show some respect to the senior managers.
- If external applicants given the motivation of higher posts (or for incentives), they can perform much better.
- The external candidate brings some amount of knowledge they have adopted from their previous job.
Internal transfers might the easiest concept to help with the job. But, according to the beliefs of HR too much hiring of internal employees makes them take their jobs for granted and they do not take their work seriously.
How to Answer “Looking back on your last position, have you done your best work?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Looking back on your last position, have you done your best work?”
Most interviewers assess your reaction to the question and expect you to tell about your abilities as an answer to the question. There are many guides who can help you to accomplish the interview easily but most of these guides do not cover such level of difficult questions. This is because this question is very tricky. There is no definite answered (reply) to this. Below are tips and examples we have shortlisted from various sources which can help you in your quest.
Tips to prepare:
- You cannot just boldly say that as an employee you have been doing amazing job for the past few years. You need to think and analyze yourself before answering. Think about the past achievements you have made and work done to benefit your company. If there were no previous achievements do not get disappointed, encourage yourself. There is no need to dwell in past. Learn from your past and motivate yourself to do much better. This will also help you get one step closer to success.
- Write a list.After analyzing on your past achievements, jot down a list of your accomplishments and failures. This will help you find out if you really did offer all your 100 percent in order to deliver a successful assignment to the company. If you have made mistakes in your past, do not get upset. Those mistakes and experiences will help you in the future when you face with some difficult circumstances. Keep in mind that failures should not weaken you but, make you stronger.
- Finally share your achievements and successes with the employers. But, make sure not to brag too much about it. Otherwise, the interviewer may get a wrong impression and misinterpret you. Be modest and let the facts speak. Those who think who could have done better in their previous job, don’t be afraid to tell so to the interviewer. Show eagerness and willingness but do not overemphasize on modesty. Do not dwell on previous regrets or lack of experience. Shift the discussion and focus on your qualifications instead.
Given below are some examples to answer the question-
- I have done my best work in the previous job. I have earned my position with hard work. I have improved a lot by hard work and experience.
- In my last job I gave my hundred for the profit of the company. I developed administrative and communication skills in the process. I have achieved success and advancement in my career.
- I have gained position is due to my past achievements. I am committed and dedicated towards my work and try to give my best to the job.
The former employer has to be very sure before he hires you for the post. The employer will be more interested in your achievements as you have should be ready to accept the different challenges in the rapidly growing environment of the company. To summaries in the end, just sound professional in your answer as this will comply your abilities you grab from your previous job.
How to Answer “Why are not you earning more money at this stage of your career?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Why are not you earning more money at this stage of your career?”
After a certain period of time with major qualifications and experiences, there are many possibilities that the HR manager in an interview can just ask you that why you are not earning a good salary at this stage of your career. The probability of facing such questions is not very high. But in order to prepare yourself for the interview well in advance you should practice all such questions. Giving prompt answers can be risky and it will drop your chances of begin getting selected for the job.
Reasons for low growth in income-
There are many reasons that can affect your growth in income. They can be broadly classified into three categories-
- Employers side
- Companies prospects
- Economy side
We will discuss them in brief as to identify the main reason behind the slow growth in the salary.
- Employers side: lack of performance is the key reason that effects the growth of the employee. 90 percent of the companies reward there most potential employees in order to motivate them. Every employee has a authority to demand a raise in salary if he is working hard. The company will award him for sure as he is the most valuable employee for them.
- Companies prospects: some companies small or large don’t earn high profits no matter how they performed. There can be many internal or external factors that can affect the performance of the company such as economy factors, lack of variables or gap between customer needs & supply. Therefore, no matter how much the employees puts in his efforts, the companies doesn’t pay a satisfying income.
- Economy factors: factors like price inflation, price deflation, foreign exchange and price changes affect the economy of the world. A minor change in the state of the economy directly affects the profit or loss of the company. This has nothing to do with your potential or the performance of the company.
Tips and tricks to answer-
We have already listed the various possible reasons that can affect the growth of salary of an employee in any organization. You can identify your situation from the above section. Along with this include the few powerful comments listed below-
- I am very thankful to my previous organization to support me in my career growth however; I want to utilize all my capabilities in growing organizations.
- I want to challenges my capabilities and accept to work in a harsh environment with rapidly growing technology.
- I am looking for more opportunities and growth in different sectors which pays off my zeal to hard work.
- I want to explore more options in life as I am a growth oriented person.
No matter what the situation was in life it has been which stopped the growth in your salary, just remember not to ever say bad negative comments about your previous company. As this convey lack of professionalism. This can result into the losing a level of interest of the employer in you.
How to answer: How do you feel about reporting to a younger person? ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: How do you feel about reporting to a younger person?
While preparing for an interview, there are many questions which pop in your mind. You try to figure out what kind of question the interviewer might throw at you. But sometimes the question turns out to be simple, yet difficult to answer. It is just that you have never thought about that particular scenario. One of such question is
How do you feel about reporting to a younger person?
Due to the IT revolution and daily emerging courses, young crowd is considered much better for such jobs because in fields like IT you are suppose to work in all odd hours. So compared to a 35-40 years old man, a 24-25 year old man is more comfortable with this job. So sometime it can happen that you have to report a person who is much younger than you.
Well, before going for an interview, you should always consider this situation. Your ego should not get hurt when you are asked to report that is much younger than you. You cannot do anything about it as that person has earned that position.
When you are going for a particular job interview and you know that you are older than many company employees, in that case you have to convince your interviewer that you are completely comfortable in working under the boss who is younger than you.
Before finding a perfect answer to this question, first of all you need to understand why the employers ask such kind of questions. Normally, the interviewer has a good experience about hiring and he understands the fact that there are people out there who are still not comfortable with the idea of working under a person who is much junior in age to him. So the answers of the candidates give a rough idea that how he will react to the situation.
Now comes the main point: how to give the best answer of this question?
One of the best ways to answer this question is to focus on your qualities rather than your age. You should try to describe yourself as a perfect and ideal manager. Use the words like leadership, integrity, dedication in your answer.
You should show your interests in the latest trends and how you plan to grow simultaneously with the growth of the company. You should try to convince your interviewer that for managerial qualities, age doesn’t matter. You can further add that an ideal manager gets the best from his team and for this age doesn’t matter.
You have to make the employers believe that you are that sort of person who thinks that all the people in a particular organization work their best according to their capabilities and contribute in the growth of the company.
Bottom line is that before working under someone who is younger to you, you have to convince yourself that you are ready for this. Before convincing the employers, you have to be very open minded regarding this.
How to Answer “Tell me something about our company?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “Tell me something about our company”
The quantity of job seekers is increasing day by day. Most of the candidates are equally educated and they have approximately same amount of knowledge but only a few candidates are able to get the job. The qualities of a candidate are the main reason behind this. The qualities of a candidate are judged by the interviewer at the time of interview and on the basis of these qualities he can get the job. The interviewer basically asked many questions from the candidate during the interview and the selection of the candidate fully depends on the answers given by the candidate.“Tell me something about our company” is the main question of an interview. So the most important thing for a candidate is to give an appropriate answer to the interviewer’s question. Mostly the candidates forget about the answers that they prepare during the preparation of the interview. There are many strategies which helps a candidate while they are giving interview.
Reason of the question
The interviewer asked this question from the candidate to get an idea that the candidate know anything about the company or not. The candidate is going to work in the company so he should have little bit information about the company. By the company information a candidate can also take the information about his job profile. So indirectly interviewer also wants to know that the candidate knows about his work or not.
Tips which can help a candidate during the interview
The best thing is that the candidate should read about the company profile before going for the interview. Almost every company has its own website which contains all information about the company. So the candidate can take the help of internet and can gather information about the company like the current projects on which the company is working and the company’s contribution in a particular sector. The name of the company’s CEO is also very important.
The company’s name can provide an idea about the work of the company. If anyone has no idea then he can get an idea from the company’s name. It will enable the candidate to say something about the work of the company and the field in which company deals.
A candidate must firstly visit each and every department of the company before the interview so that he has complete information about the company and give the answer if anyone asks about it. This will also add good impact on the interviewer he will think that the candidate also like to remain updated about the new things.
If the candidate is going through his friend or any relative then he should also take little bit information about the company from them so the candidate can become able to tell something about the company.
A candidate can also use the lines if he has no idea about the company like this company is very good and give the required opportunities to the employees for the progress. The satisfactory salary is also provided to the employees and also on time. These lines will surely satisfy the interviewer and he will hire the candidate.
How to Answer “On scale from one to ten rate me as an interviewer” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “On scale from one to ten rate me as an interviewer”
Job interviewers are trying to filter the candidates on the basis of this question because they want to hire the best candidates for their company. Interviewer asks these type of questions just only to confuse the candidates. They always wanted you to throw you out of this game. One of the best questions which will put the candidate in a state of delimma is “How would you rate the interviewer”. It becomes very difficult for the candidate to judge the interviewer. But you need not to get panic or afraid from these types of questions.
General Tips and tricks:
- Main thing which you have to always keep in your mind is that you don’t want to become negative on these type of questions. Because the person who is interviewing you is naturally intelligent and it is his or her responsibility to hire good candidates for their company who can further take their company on further development. Company have full faith on the interviewer because they have to recruit the future of the company. Interviewer has already taken the interview of many candidates and ha slots of experience and knowledge.
- If you are a fresher the you can simply say that sir this is my first interview so i don’t have any experience regarding these type of questions. But you can say that thank you for making me feel comfortable . This is because throughout the interview you made me feel comfortable and confident that my hesitation is going as the time is passing. At this stage i am not the suitable person to judge you but as a part of interview i would like to rate you 9 out of 10 because no one is perfect and everyone is playing a meaningful role at his stage and still learning. There is always a scope of improvement and there should always a scope to increase our skills which will creates an interest in learning the things. Thank you very much for giving this opportunity.
- Never hurt the ego of the interviewer because it will directly have bad impact on your overall interview and it can overall harm your interview. The best way to answer is to pick out the good part of the interview and appreciate it in your own way. Never show negative attitude in front of the interviewer.
- One important thing which always have to kept in mind that always focus on the aspects of the interview which were productive and good but don’t focus on the interviewer as a person. Always compliment the aspects of the interview.
- Always thanks the interviewer for asking these type of questions
Never rate the interviewer ten out of ten because it will show that you are trying to become over smart in front of the interviewer and trying to please him for your selection and it will not be the correct answer. So just go for nine out of ten marks as no one is perfect and feel sorry for deducting one mark and give the reason for deducting one mark that sir nobody is perfect.
How to Answer “if you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?” ▼
Complete Guide To Answer: “if you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?”
Many candidates are afraidfrom the interview but there is nothing which is too hard to do. The only thing that everyone has to do is the complete preparation for the interview and to be confident. There are number of questions which are asked during the interview like “Tell me something about yourself”, “What is your aim?”, “Why should we hire you?” and “What are your strengths?”etc. All these questions are asked frequently in the interview. Therefore everyone should prepare these questions so that they can crack the interview. Sometimes the interviewer also asks some questions which can puzzleyour mind such as “If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?”
Reason of the question
The interviewer asks this question from the interview candidate to know ifthe candidate would remain for the long time in the company or not. Interest is the most important thing for any task. This question will let the interviewer to know that you have interest in the work or you want to do the job just for money purpose.
Tips that can help when you are going to prepare the answer
There are some strategies which can be applied for the perfect answer. The number of points should be kept in mind that can help you to prepare the relevant answer. These tips will surely help you reach at the good answer.
While answering this question a candidate should remember that he has to answer in the favour of work. If a candidate answers in the favour of the money then it will put a negative impact on the interviewer. As the answer will show an avaricious nature of the candidate and interviewer will think that the candidate can leave the company when he will get a new job which will pay more amount to him.
A candidate should preparesuch answer which will show his interest more in work instead of money. For this the candidate should know about his job profile and work. The candidate can also use the name of the company and its position to show that the candidate want to gain more knowledge in the work and not in the money.
There are number of examples which we can remember for the long time. If anyone really doesn’t know the answer then the candidate can think about such type of examples which can suit their answer. For example, a candidate can say that I believe work is more important than money as it is work which can make money but money is not which can make work.
A candidate can also think about his strengths and can prepare the answer that he has these strengths and he want to use them to get good name and position in the company and in the market also.
There is large number of candidates which are highly qualified but interview is the main step for the job so it is very necessary to do the interview preparation before the interview so that the candidates can get the job. So keep these tips in mind and crack the interview.
How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition? ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: “How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition?”
During an interview if interviewer says you are successful never says no because it doesn’t sounds nice. Always try to give philosophical answer. They aren’t looking so much to see what you think equals success for you as a person but more related to the job. They are looking for measurable metrics. They want to know how you will know when you have been successful in the job. You need to relate it back to the position that you are interviewed for. Therefore think about the job and what it is they need you to do within that job.
For example if in your previous job you were working as a sales man then for you success means exceeding your sales goals.
General Tips and Tricks:
Definition of success differs from person to person.
- Success never depends upon the grades.
- Rule of Success is hard work and destiny too plays an important role.
- If success were measured by the grades then the interviewer would never asked for your resumes.
- They would have given the appointment letters to only academically sound persons blindly.
- If you are asked about the success then focus on your professional life rather than giving somebody else examples.
- Describe about your goals which you have set for yourself because you cannot be successful until and unless you don’t have goals in your life.
- Never say that you will try your level best to complete the task given by them.
- Just set the goals for yourself and work hard to complete those goals.
- Success mainly depends on what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself or not.
- To achieve the desired goals set by the company always use your talent, knowledge and skills.
- Mistakes will always help you to move further because only then you come know that you are improving yourself in a particular field and achieve your goals.
- Success is all about doing your job well and give the desired output to your company.
- Success is the result of your hard work and patience which gives you the satisfaction.
- Always try to avoid the mistakes.
- When you have set some goals for yourself or you have aim for something and worked really hard on it and have finally achieved it, it is what we call success.
- Success is all about achieving your goals and aspirations.
- Success is the output of your struggles that you have faced.
- It is a kind of passion towards your work.
- Always have positive attitude towards your work.
- For some success is measured by money and social status and for others it is measured by amount of happiness.
- For success one should concentrate on one’s
- You should be fully satisfied with yourself if you are successful.
- Successful doesn’t mean you are having lots of money and you are enjoying yourself and indulging in bad habits too.
Alternative Article on How do you describe success and how do you measure up to your own definition
Are you going for an interview and you are scared to face the tough interview questions? Here’s a solution for all those who have lost their confidence to face the interview. The article will guide you and will provide you solutions to answer this question. Simple by practicing these quick tips and tricks, you will again confidence and will be aware of what exactly your employer expect you to answer.
“How do you describe success and how do you measure up to your own definition?”
This is a tricky question and the interviewer wants to trap you. We will explain to you the motive of the employer behind the question. Answering this particular query will provide the interviewer a plan of what your objectives are, your work ethics, and your general personality. He will understand what the value of success is in your mind, only then you will be able to perform well for the company, and bring in profits.
Methods to answer the question
There is no exact answer to this question. Yes, this is the truth. In order to answer this question successfully, you need to answer according to the needs of the company. That means you need to change you answer as per the business culture.
- Reply with honesty-Don’t twist your reply into a discussion. Be honest, precise and describe accomplishment from your viewpoint. You should tell only the truth to the employer. The hiring manager desires to listen an answer that’s straightforward, real, authentic and authentic.
- You target should not be the position- you better think again before you to term success as getting at the senior level job. Prioritize your life. Do not let a higher position be your goal. By answering that the recruiter will probably realize that you are trying too much on talking about your qualities.
- Understand the goals of the company-Study the objectives of the business you are appearing for, and then make them your own goals. Forget the position you are applying for. Your description of success should incline with how the company assesses success.
- Give a genuine answer that suits your personality-include an individual stroke in your respond by talking about a personal goal. This will aid you to stand out from others.
- Determine your goals-At times it can be really difficult to answer this question if you do not know your goals. Therefore, before going on an interview, be confident that you get a clear idea of about your requirements or desires in life and your aim should be working toward achieving the objectives of the organization.
- Success is determining your goals, and planning to achieve them. The plan should be implemented effectively. Once I’m sure that I have achieved my goals, I believe I have succeeded.
- The best definition of success that I know is that success is the progressive understanding of a goal. You must understand your works and work towards achieving them.
How to Answer When Interviewer Ask “Do you have any question for me?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer when Interviewer Ask “Do you have any question for me?”
What happens when an interviewer asks you a difficult question? Do you get nervous, break your eye contact with the interviewer and worst of all start sweating? These are the signs that the interviewer is looking for. He can obviously see that you are not capable of answering the question. Do want this to happen with you? No, obviously not. Therefore, we have brought to a guide, mentor that will help in answering tough interview questions like-
“Do you have any questions for me?”
This is a really important point of the interview. Even if you have given great answers to the interviewer’s previous questions, you ask stupid questions now, it will ruin your chances. You’ll not be able to make it to the next step in the interview by asking questions that look like you have just made them up.
How to handle the question?
- When the interviewer allows you to ask questions this is your best opportunity to ask questions about the company. Make full utilization of it. Ask about the challenges you might have to face in the job. Interviewers actually analyze your questions to tell whether you are really interested in the job or not, and whether you are the right candidate for them.
- Listen carefully to what the interviewer is saying and you can formulate the questions from the recruiters’ lines itself. For example, you can ask the interviewers to explain in detail about retaining employees they were trying to explain previously. This will show that you were attentive and are really interested in the job.
- Think the interview like a conversation and you must consider wisely before asking, what to ask and when to ask. Concentrate about the questions related to the job only such as what they expect from you etc. Avoid asking questions like how many vacations are being provided.
4. If you are really thinking of joining the company then this is the best opportunity you can get to know more about the company from its employees itself. Thus, take full advantage of the given opportunity and seek out the best.
- Do not ask questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no. Ask questions that will give you explanations about the job.
- The questions you have to ask should seek out more information from the recruiters, therefore, ask open-ended questions.
Questions about the job
You should ask questions that will show that if you like the job or not, and will be able to do it well. For example- “What can you tell me about this job that is not given in the manual?” and “How can I achieve success in this job?” You can also ask questions like- “What are the prospects for growth for the person in this job?”
Questions you should never ask
Some questions point out either lack of interest, lack of preparation, or intelligence. They may also show potential problems that might disqualify you. These questions generally kill the opportunity to score because they look like you have something to hide from the recruiter.
How to Answer “How much salary do you want?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer “How much Salary do you want”
Are you going for an interview? Consider this before you step out. Interviews can be really difficult. Are you getting more worried? Don’t worry but it’s the truth. Interviewers devise tough questions to select the best candidate for the job. These questions may be difficult but are age old and with a little guidance and practice you will be able to crack any of these questions. We’ll help you with a unique answer so that you can stand out from others. This guide presents tips and tricks to answer the question-
” How much salary do you want?”
According to me the salary question is like a poker game for job seekers, with the target being to make the interviewer show their poker cards first. Because, once you quote the salary there’s no going back. You have states too low (or too high) salary for the post.
The best solution is to postpone your answer, because you need to prove your worth to the company at first. But, be sure to deflect the question in a right way. Do some homework beforehand, you can discuss on your own terms, instead of closing the options on the higher salary options.
Directions to answer the question- “How much salary do you anticipate?”
Here are some methods to help you get ready for the question:
1. Learn about the salary information before going to the job interview. Conduct adequate research to find out the amount of average salaries and their ranges for similar jobs in the field you are applying for.
The best thing to say would be that you’ve find out salaries for this kind of position from other sources, but can you tell me the salary range this company provides for this position. Then you can further end your answer by saying that salary is just a consideration, but you would like to know more about the job opportunity being offered before.
2. Ask questions about the duties and advantaged of the job to evaluate a salary range. For example, if the company provides minimal benefits or wants you to work for more than 40hrs per week, you should demand a higher salary.
3. Tell the recruiter about your qualities and your offer to the company. Be precise and general. Explain your job history, previous experience and how you will benefit the company. It will justify your salary expectations.
- Tell the recruiter about your expectations for salary, based on your findings and the answer given by the employer. Let me explain with the help of an example. If your research mentions that the average salary for the current position you are applying for between 50,000 and 80,000, the hiring manager offers 40,000, day the employer that your expectations are much higher, such as 80,000. Start from a higher range, if you have proper experience, reference and research.
- As a fresher my aim is to improve my skills and prove my strengths, after that I expect a salary that will be enough to meet basic living standards in the city.
- Currently my aim is only to get the job. So I have not been thinking about the salary. I’m sure I’ll be with your company standards.
How to Answer “Which is the most difficult decision you have ever made?” ▼
Complete Guide to Answer: Which is the most difficult decision you have ever made?
Are you scared of facing the interview? Is it your first interview? Interviews can be quite tough. But, with a little patient, confidence and knowledge you can crack any interview. You may have mastered the basics of your field. But do you think it will be enough, what about the tricky personal questions the employers ask to judge your personality? We are here to answer some of the tough questions like-
“What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
Why the interviewer asks this question?
The company that you are applying for wants you judges your decision making quality. The employer need to be sure before they make the right decision by entrusting you to make the sensible and sound choice support on figures and facts. At times it is easy for the companies to take a decision but most of the times it’s not. You should be able to convince the employer with your answer.
The employer wants to make sure that the person they are hiring understands the fact that when one owes a responsibility, he should be able to comprehend that his decisions may affect the company performance and the other employees functioning in the organization. The decisions should be carefully made after factual analysis but should not lack sentimental values.
The employers also want to make sure that the decisions are made by keeping in mind the analytical reports as well as morals.
One should be cleaver enough to make tough decisions that will eventually lead to the betterment of the company and bring in profits. Everyone have different choice or preference, but it should be based on your own right or wrong decisions. In simple words it is your own point of time that you have to keep in from of the interviewer.
How to answer the question?
Below is a list of some tips and tricks that you’ll find helpful-
- Talk about any situation where you were given the responsibility of making a difficult choice plus, despite of the truth that it annoyed some co-workers.
- The other option is to explain that prior to building up decision you had to control the situation first by further efficient means. And later you implemented on the decision which confirmed to be as advantageous for the business.
- Be ready to cite a high-quality illustration or a case point by telling the employer that why your choice of decision was difficult, why you choose it and the way you implemented.
Examples of answers
Below are few examples that you can incorporate in your answers-
- Decisions are tough until you are ready to take them. Once I have made the decision I stick to it.
- I don’t believe in taking tough decisions, I take decisions and make them right.
- Decisions are not tough. They can be either right or wrong. If you have made the wrong decision you are the only one to make it right again. So I always take the responsibility of making decisions and make them right.